Taking all of my Energy



Next Tuesday, the Queen of Collaborations- Keri Hilson debuts her first solo album. For those who don't know much about Keri, she is a protege of mega-producer, Timbaland. She was featured on several of my favorite tracks of his, "Scream" and the infamous "The Way I Are." Keri was also on a good jam on Diddy's album called "After Love." After much anticipation and the album release date being pushed back, we can finally see who Keri is as a solo artisit.

The album entitled "In a Perfect World" was slated to be released in October, however complications arose causing major delays. Unfortunately, I think this was a hit on Keri. She released her first single "Energy" almost a year ago. Since then has released a few tracks such as "Return the Favor" with Timbaland, which is a decent, catchy song. Her saving grace has been the hit track "Turnin Me On" ft. Lil Wayne. Anything Lil Wayne touched turns to gold, and this song did! I have to admit, though the song has been old to me for a while, whenever I hear it my ears tell me to listen. She flows so fluidly, and the lyrics are infectious.

I think Ms. Hilson's forte tends to be beat laden collaborations with in demand artists (i.e. Diddy, Timbaland, Keyshia Cole, Justin Timberlake, just to name a few). Buzz worthy tracks include "Set Your Money Up" ft. Keyshia Cole and Trina, a fast paced jam calling out all the men of the club that all the flashy things aren't impressing unless they "get their money up." Again, joining forces with Kanye West and Ne-Yo, the most likely released fourth single "Knock You Down" is good, especially with the help of Ne-Yo's buttery voice. A song about that one person that you love so much, it knocks you down. When you're sprung, this is your jam! "How Does it Feel" is kind of like a rough version of Beyonce's "If I Were a Boy," turning the tables on the man, and standing up for yourself. Lastly, "Change Me" ft. Akon is a good song they sing,


Why must I, decide on,
whether I love you or the world
you met me you fell deeply in love
with me so what is the problem now
everything you loved before you dont love no more.

Overall, Keri brings a strong debut with several potential hits!

ccccccheck it out!


For Your Viewing Pleasure: Turning Me On